Friday, January 26, 2007

Another Strongly-Worded Letter

Dear Canada Post,

I'm writing to complain about the poor delivery service in my area.

I'm upset that a pair of concert tickets (that Ticketmaster mailed to my correct address) was put into the mailbox of another tenant in my high-rise apartment building.

I discovered the problem on my way to work this morning. As I was leaving my unit, I spotted my envelope in the middle of the hallway, a few feet away from my door. The envelope had been opened and stepped on. LUCKILY the tickets were still inside — probably because the tickets were to see Wolfmother, an Australian hard rock act that no-one in my building would be cool enough to want to see. Were they tickets to see U2 or a major sporting event, for example, they would be long gone.

I realize that human error is normal, but because the tickets were put in the wrong mailbox by one of your letter carriers, another tenant in my building opened them (another offense — this one of a LEGAL nature), whereupon they were nearly stolen and left for dead in front of my door. I hate to think of this scenario happening with another piece of mail — especially one containing credit card information or other personal details. Identity theft is a growing problem in this country and I presume Canada Post is trying to prevent it...but maybe you're not trying hard enough.

In conclusion, with this letter I urge Canada Post to improve service in my building by encouraging your carriers to take greater care in putting mail in the right mailboxes. If carriers lack time for such accuracy — especially in light of the concentrated population density within my neighbourhood's high-rises — please hire more carriers.

If there's anything I can do to help — such as putting up notices in my building about the penalties of mail fraud — please let me know.

Thank you,
Julia Somerville

2 Comments:

At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You tell 'em!!!!

 
At 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live in Canada and I can relate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home